This edition of Pharma Research VIDEO Report, a production in partnership with the Pharmaceutical Marketing Research Group, is sponsored by the Toluna Healthcare Practice, offering highly engaged physicians, health professionals and ailment sufferers for global research using cutting-edge methodologies, sophisticated, yet easy-to-use analytic tools and specialized products including Pharmacy Intercept, dedicated communities, patient record studies and more.
Find out about the Toluna Healthcare Practice at its homepage: http://www.toluna-group.com/about-toluna/industries-we-serve/healthcare/overview
On this weeks’ PRVR:
1) Proteus Digital Healthcare is entering the consumer (non-medical) market with a biometric monitoring patch.
Link to story: http://mobihealthnews.com/37784/proteus-digital-health-quietly-launches-consumer-facing-wearable-for-athletes/
2) NEHI cautions that the U.S. healthcare system needs to do something about patients failing to order and fulfill new prescriptions.
Link to story: http://www.nacds.org/Home/TabId/107/PostId/5179/Prescriptions-Never-Picked-Up-At-Pharmacy-A-Cause-For-Concern.aspx
3) Salesforce.com, which has been seriously interested in entering the healthcare market, is reportedly ready to make it a go, according to Orthospine News.
Link to story: http://www.allsalesforce.com/articles/share/682492/
4) Google announced it is developing a cancer-detection pill.
Link to story: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/29/google-nanotechnology-cancer-detecting-pill_n_6064266.html
5) dunnhumby’s “Healthy Wealthy & Wise” study shows brands why consumers who are health-committed are so attractive. (They tend to be more affluent than the average consumer.)
Link to story: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102131839